Stop being jerks to each other

Check here first.
Mike Quain
Site Admin

Stop being jerks to each other

Postby Mike Quain » February 2nd, 2018, 4:34 pm

When I started this forum, I wanted it to be different than your typical internet car community.

All I see on those other forums are dead links to photobucket, images that can't be found, links to webpages that don't exist anymore, and people telling others to "google it".

This is TERRIBLE for an online community. That's why I host all of your images here on this server, for free, and encourage a friendly community.

The "Google It" post is the problem I need to address. That's how a community slowly dies. I've seen that mentality strangle a forum before. When you get more and more threads like that, it starts running off new users. Eventually you've got dozens of posts that are absolutely unhelpful, no discussion happens, and the site is less productive. There's always info to add or guidance to give. I've got users here who are running new people away. It needs to stop.

Don't you hate when you're trying to solve a car problem and search the internet for hours trying to figure it out? Often times I'll run across someone with the EXACT problem that I'm having on an old thread, followed by replies of "just google it" followed by a bunch of dead links. That's what I'm trying to avoid here.

Be friendly to newbies, try to promote healthy discussion, and be helpful here. Avoid outside links if you can. If you're going to be a dick, get off this website and go be mean to your wife and kids or something.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope everyone is doing well!
1974 Econoline E-100 Cargo Custom
https://www.facebook.com/thenikonkidd

Return to “Rules, Updates and Announcements”