Third Row Bench vs Spare Tire

Birk

Third Row Bench vs Spare Tire

Postby Birk » January 19th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Hi all,

I have been a member for quite a while, but this is the first time posting. I have a question regarding the 3rd row bench seat and a potential conflict with the spare tire that fits in the corner? Does anyone know if the two fit at the same time, or do I need to find an exterior door frame and move the spare to the exterior?

Thank you for the help.

Marlon

Re: Third Row Bench vs Spare Tire

Postby Marlon » January 19th, 2018, 4:01 pm

The third row bench seat and the spare tire won't fit at the same time. The Club Wagons that came with the full width 3rd row seat had a mounting point for the spare tire on the floor under the seat. The same part that usually mounted to the wall that held the wheel via a large wingnut was affixed to the floor and held the tire down the same way.

I'm not a big fan of tires on back doors. I've never seen a rack well installed that didn't mess up the sheet metal of the door, and the door itself won't open fully with a tire on it. I recommend just putting the wheel under the back seat and not even bothering with the hold-down clamp.

Birk

Postby Birk » January 19th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Thank you, I will just place it under the seat. I saw the post for the seat on this site, and contacted the owner direct and settled on the price. Shipping was the toughest and cost as much as the seat. I have owned the Van four years, and have been driving it almost every weekend since. I have take the family on float/canoe trips quite a few times, so it has become one of the family. Here is a photo when I first got it.

IMG_2528.JPG

Birk

Postby Birk » January 19th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Here is the seat. The interior matches the rest of the Van, how crazy is that.

IMG_6922.JPG

Marlon

Postby Marlon » January 20th, 2018, 9:14 am

You've got a beauty of a van and a nice score on the bench seat too. Where are you located?

Cheers,

Marlon

Birk

Postby Birk » January 22nd, 2018, 9:52 am

I am in the Kansas City area.

Return to “Interior”