What have you done to your Econoline today

frankarian

Re: What have you done to your Econoline today

Postby frankarian » February 3rd, 2018, 9:22 am

seco22.jpg
frankarian wrote:was sad and frustrated to find out that the amazing airbrush artist SECO from Chile who did the stripper van has got caught in the mess of working visa issues and has returned to Chile with no immediate intention of returning. Im thanking mu lucky stars I had some cash on the last two week block he was here so he could complete the 11 pieces of art on the van. we should pause and think what the ramifications are of the current policies. I have also in my search to add a few more pieces to the van, found out the legendary japanese airbrush artist who is Seco's competition has also returned to Japan with no immediate intention of returning. Also a Visa issue. Food for thought.

Heres seco the man.... known to all the car sects who airbrush their rides in socal.
seco1.jpg
73 Club E300 SuperVan

frankarian

Postby frankarian » February 3rd, 2018, 5:08 pm

OK undertook the preliminary fitments of the ice maker and frig in the stripper van. Ice maker complex and still pondering that. Here are the pics of the session. I met with the finished carpenter to discuss the cabinetry involved and fitment. we also discussed the other wood pieces to be installed.
frig2.jpg
frig3.jpg
frig4.jpg
Attachments
frig1.jpg
73 Club E300 SuperVan

frankarian

Postby frankarian » February 3rd, 2018, 5:16 pm

frankarian wrote:OK undertook the preliminary fitments of the ice maker and frig in the stripper van. Ice maker complex and still pondering that. Here are the pics of the session. I met with the finished carpenter to discuss the cabinetry involved and fitment. we also discussed the other wood pieces to be installed.
frig2.jpg
frig3.jpg
frig4.jpg

problem with the install of the icemaker is not just the big wattage and 115V. The big marine invertor will handle that. Its the fact that the water feed must be maintained at a pressure of 20-120 psi at all times. I have a call into my plumber to see if there is a small booster tank or other pumping apparatus that might help solve this issue. I would say the ice maker install hangs on this very issue. I have all the other ones covered. Any ideas would of course be appreciated. I brought a battery back inside to evaluate fitment. There can be no bench with both frig and icemaker. So if ice maker is a go, batteries go under bed. Thank God for side posts on these optima. They fit and should work. I will carry a generator on the back trailer hitch on one of those fold down gear platforms to solve the overnight limited battery power issue.
73 Club E300 SuperVan

frankarian

Postby frankarian » February 3rd, 2018, 5:17 pm

frankarian wrote:its saturday and that means VAN DAY yay!!!!!!!!!! Big day ahead. I am making the decision on frig or no frig for the stripper van. Its a "truckfridge" 12v/115v TF-130. About 750.00. I have already bought it but have been having second thoughts. Today I am fitting it and will look at how much real estate it takes up. Back with photos later. These are avail at http://www.truckfridge.com. These are bomb frigs. Heavy duty. Great choice if you have the room. These come with a flange mounting kit so you can mount in a cabinet.
B01J3W5P9Q_PT01-225x300.jpg

My mistake its the TF-65. I couldn't squeeze the 130.
73 Club E300 SuperVan

kookylukey

Postby kookylukey » February 11th, 2018, 7:56 am

I was finally able to drive my van after 6 months of owning it. The trans still drips a little fluid here and there and the suspension is crap, but I love it. I guess a disclaimer I also drove it about 30 miles a couple months ago, but I was leaving a nice trail of power steering fluid behind me. This is the first time I didn't have any failures.
Attachments
IMG-0475.JPG

frankarian

Postby frankarian » February 16th, 2018, 1:33 pm

OK this is where the stripper van is at..... The cabinet finish carpenter is attacking the wood items which include minibar, overhead drivers console, dog house console and the two bed kickplates this weekend, should be done by wed evening. chose mahogany but stain still undecided. On Thursday the van goes in for transplant surgery to get stabbed with 302 (chose the blueprint 306 with 390/370) and what looks like C6. These guys have a deadline from me of 3/13. ON the morning of 3/14 the van goes hopefully in full running condition to the muralist Seco who is back in town and I have booked him for first slot. 6 more artworks going on which will complete the van. Im looking to improve the back doors on the van which I think are boring and wasted space. Im designing the art for that as we speak. That will be done by 3/17. when it comes home and we attack all the wiring, charging, audiovisual and satellite/cellular and final interior build out. contest 4/9. pics to follow at all stages. stay tuned same bat time same bat channel. :shock:
73 Club E300 SuperVan

Return to “General Discussion”